2018 Annual Campaign
The sense of excitement and energy is palpable at the Chapel of the Cross. God is clearly calling us—as individuals and as a parish—to make a commitment to mission and ministry.
Looking ahead with thankful hearts is our annual campaign theme for 2018, and we have so much to be thankful for:
- An energetic and visionary new rector
- A loyal and extraordinary long-term clergy and lay staff
- Bold new program leaders in music and youth ministry
- A growing congregation—both newcomers and the newly re-committed
- A community that cares for us all pastorally while embracing the less fortunate in the community and the world
Your commitment to the 2018 operating budget will determine what we can all accomplish together in the year ahead.
The preliminary projected budget calls for an overall (comprehensive) budget of a minimum of $1.6 million. Key elements include:
- Recognition and retention of our outstanding staff
- Exciting Faith in Action initiatives, including teacher training for instructors at Kwasa in South Africa, and a renewed focus on homelessness, mental health, and hunger in our community
- Invigorated children and family ministry programming for our 145 children in grades K-5
- Formation focused opportunities—including full-family programming—for junior and senior EYC youth
- A comprehensive campus ministry discernment program funded by a prestigious Lilly grant
- A diverse offering of small group study and fellowship for adults
- Strengthening our tradition of music and musicians as partners in ministry
- Maintaining our beautiful new building and caring for our beloved worship spaces
Annual fund pledges are the only vehicle for funding our operating budget. Your generosity shows your deep commitment to our parish. We now ask you to consider an increase over what you did in 2017 of 10 percent or more.
Please pray about this and examine the many blessings you have received this past year. The campaign leadership, the vestry, and the Rector have already pledged a minimum of a 10 percent increase over their 2017 pledges.
Will you join these leaders and your vestry in providing the needed resources for 2018? Now is the time to step up and do your fair share of underwriting our programs and meaningful recognition of staff.
David Ross and Nancy McGuffin
Senior and Junior Warden