2019 Annual Campaign
If you attended the Parish Fair on September 9, you felt the sense of excitement and energy that is palpable at the Chapel of the Cross. God is clearly calling us—as individuals and as a parish—to make a commitment to mission and ministry. By making a commitment to the Chapel of the Cross, you sustain the work of the parish in our local community and the world around us.
As we launch our annual campaign on Sunday, September 23rd, our theme mirrors our theme for the programmatic year, The Church’s One Foundation. There are so many ways in which this community is serving as the foundation of our lives. We are fortunate to be building on a sure foundation with:
- An energetic and visionary new rector
- A loyal and extraordinary clergy and lay staff team
- Bold new program leaders in music ministry and a choir that has grown 30% in the last month
- A growing congregation—both newcomers and the newly re-committed
- A community that cares for us pastorally while embracing the less fortunate in the community and the world
Your commitment to the 2019 operating budget funds our mission for the year ahead. Each day of the year it takes $4950 to serve the community!
The preliminary projections call for an overall budget of $1.6 million. Key elements include:
- Recognition and retention of our outstanding staff
- Exciting Faith in Action initiatives, including collaboration between Outreach and Global Mission and a focus on hunger in our community
- Invigorated children and family ministry programming for our 145 children in grades K-5
- Formation focused opportunities—including full-family programming—for junior and senior EYC youth
- A comprehensive campus ministry discernment program funded by a prestigious Lilly grant
- A diverse offering of small group study and fellowship for adults
- Strengthening our tradition of music and musicians as partners in ministry in collaboration with university partnerships at Duke and the University of North Carolina
- Maintaining our beautiful new building and caring for our beloved worship spaces
Annual fund pledges are the only vehicle for funding our operating budget. Your generosity shows your deep commitment to our parish.
The campaign leadership, the vestry, the staff team and the rector have made their commitments to giving. Will you join these leaders and your vestry in providing the needed resources for 2019? We hope that you might make your pledge no later than Sunday, November 18th so that the vestry can plan for 2019.
Email email@example.com with any questions.