“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:10
At Chapel of the Cross, we encourage everyone to be involved in pastoral ministry—this is a wonderful opportunity for every parishioner to love God and one another. Training and support opportunities are provided as needed throughout the church year.
Ways you can serve:
- Prayer Lists: Each parishioner receives our parish-wide prayer list that is published in our weekly emails and bulletins. Take time each day to offer prayer for our fellow parishioners in their time of need. If you would like to add someone to our prayer list, please seek their permission first, then contact Ellen Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write a name on the prayer list located in the vestibule between the chapel and the welcome desk.
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors – Eucharistic Visitors bring communion to homebound parishioners. They serve at the invitation of the Rector after a process of discernment. Special training is required. Please contact the Rector at email@example.com if you feel called to this ministry.
- Guild of the Christ Child: Help us welcome new babies into the parish by delivering gifts and a meal. This has a very flexible time commitment. To volunteer contact Laura Raffield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Good Samaritans: Support for fellow parishioners with short -term needs with home-cooked meals, running errands, providing transportation, making calls, and writing notes to those in need. The time commitment is flexible and there are many ways in which we can serve one another for a season. To volunteer, please contact Peggy Pratt at email@example.com.
- Naomi’s Network: a group of parish widows who meet for fun, support and service. If you would like to be part of this group, please contact Nancy Tunnessen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flower Delivery: Rearrange and deliver small bouquets from the altar flowers on Monday mornings with a card to parishioners with assurance of our prayers and as an expression of our concern for their well-being, gratitude for special service, or congratulations for joyful occasions. Please contact Mary Guckes at email@example.com you would like to volunteer in this ministry.
- Pastoral Care Teams: The Chapel of the Cross maintains a rtoster of trained lay people who can help organize a run teams of people who respond to parishioners in need of long-term assistance. If you are interested in being trained to be a part of one of these teams, please contact Miriam Fahrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.