Are you or a loved one ill or hospitalized? Experiencing distress in mind, body and/or spirit? In need of the simple, sacred ministry of presence. Have a reason to celebrate? We want to know and we want to be there for you, with you.
If there is a pastoral care emergency after hours, please call the church (919-929-2193) and follow the prompts to leave a voicemail in the pastoral care mailbox.
Reasons one may need pastoral care:
- Unable to make it to worship regularly? Eucharistic Visitors take the Sacrament of Holy Communion to parishioners who are unable to regularly attend corporate worship. Through this ministry, those who are visited are assured they remain valued members of our parish family and are integral to the Body of Christ.
- Have you or someone you know just had a baby? Our Guild of the Christ Child brings small gifts and a meal to the family.
- In need of short-term assistance? Our Good Samaritans bring home-cooked soups or casseroles, run errands, provide transportation to an appointment, visit with parishioners, and call and write notes to parishioners who are in our weekly prayers.
- Are you a widow looking to connect with others? Our Naomi Network is a group of parish widows gathers for fun, support, and service.
- Flower Delivery: Altar flowers are arranged and delivered with a card to parishioners with assurance of our prayers and as an expression of our concern for their well-being, gratitude for special service, or congratulations for joyful occasions.
- In need of prayer? The Chapel of the Cross publishes a prayer list is published in our Sunday service bulletins and Friday email so all parishioners may pray for the those who have requested our prayers throughout the week. Due to space consideration, the list is limited to parishioners and their family members, and are not published without permission. Names remain on the list for three weeks unless the request is renewed. Please secure permission from the person whose name you are submitting. You may also add prayer requests to the weekday service prayer list located in the vestibule between the chapel and the welcome desk.
- Is someone you love reaching the end of their earthly life? the liturgy of Ministration at the Time of Death is provided only by clergy. Please contact the church immediately if someone you know is in need of this service.