ABC Sale Disbursement
The vestry approved the disbursement of $26,303 to ten organizations as recommended by the ABC Sale grants subcommittee. Funds will be disbursed as follows:
- Club Nova: $10,000 for its capital campaign
- UNC Horizons: $1510 for infant items, parenting books and educational materials for mothers.
- Fuel Up @Perry Harrison: $1100 for fresh food for their winter break bags
- Augustine Literacy Project: $700 to cover the training fee for one Teacher Assistant at Northside Elementary school to provide skilled literacy intervention
- TABLE: $3500 towards fresh food ($1.66/pound fresh food x 1.5 pounds per week x 200 kids)
- Episcopal Farmworker Ministry: $2993 for rain suits and cooling hats for workers, to combat tobacco disease
- Habitat for Humanity (Orange County): $200 to go toward the partnership house to be built this fall
- Orange County Rural Alliance (began 11/2016): $2000 to help provide meals to those in the county not served by CH Meals on Wheels
- PORCH: $1000 to help expand snack food program to 4 additional schools in CHCCS
- Boomerang Youth: $500 towards substance abuse workshops
- Eyes Ears Nose and Paws: $1000 to help expand their dog training program to a second correctional facility
In addition to these disbursements, TROSA estimated the value of the remaining items they took from the sale to their stores to be valued at $15,000.
Thanks to all who participated—organizers, volunteers, staff, the whole parish and the broader community. It is exciting to imagine what we could accomplish together in the future!